We didn't get the expected response we needed from our servers. Give these steps a go and we'll try again:
- Restart the app
Try closing the app completely and re-open it:
- Double tap the Home button
- Find the YouView App
- Swipe away the app
- Return home and re-open the app
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Select App settings
- Find the YouView App and choose ‘Force stop’
- Re-open the YouView App
- Please note: On Thursday 8th November, we made some back-end changes to our mobile app, but unfortunately devices running Android 4.4 and earlier are unable to support these improvements. Users with these devices will see an error when attempting to use the app – where possible we recommend that you update the version of Android on your device. The app will continue to work on Android 5 (Lollipop) and above.
- Check your network connection
Make sure your mobile device is connected to the internet using mobile data or a Wi-Fi connection.
- Try again later
Occasionally there may be a server outage, so please try again later and see if this has been resolved.
- Further help
We didn’t think you’d end up here, but thanks for trying all the above steps. If you need further assistance, please contact your box provider
, internet service provider
(if it is BT, TalkTalk or Plusnet) or drop a message on our community forum
and you will receive the help you need.