What is Ultra HD?
Simply put, Ultra HD is a clearer picture. Ultra HD uses 4,000 pixels to show you a sharper, brighter, more beautiful picture. 4 times the resolution of Full HD.
This picture technology is now being built into most new TV's and you might see it referenced as 4K or UHD for short. It just depends on the brand that's using it.
Using Ultra HD
To make sure you're getting the best out of your 4K TV and box, you'll need to set the right HDMI Display Setting:
- Bring up the menu with your remote
- Select Settings*
- Go to the Box Management area and select Picture & Sound
- Select HDMI Display Setting
- Select one of the UHD options that matches your TV
- We’ll ask you if you want to keep this setting. Select Keep
- If your TV goes blank after changing the setting, please wait 15 seconds
- Select Done
*Settings can be found via the cog in the top right corner of the Menu. You can get to the cog by pressing Up and right after opening the Menu.