What is the Grid 2 software?
The Grid 2 is Windows based software designed to help users control their computer without the need of a keyboard or a mouse. Using the software, you can control the computer or specific Grid 2 software modules – called “Grid Sets” - using various inputs, such as eye gaze, switches, headpointers, a touchscreen, a mouse, and more.
See the Smartbox website to find out more
What does it allow me to do?
YouView uses Grid Sets (i.e. software modules), which enable you to access all areas of the YouView service without the need for the remote control or keyboard. Each YouView Grid Set can be used to control your YouView box - the same options that you would see on your remote control are shown as options on-screen as a grid, which can be selected.
What are the different screen sets for?
There are different versions of the Grid Sets, depending on your how you want to operate and view the on-screen controls. You need to ensure that you also download the correct version for your type of YouView box. For switch-users, column and block scanning configurations enable operation of the controls with one switch. For partially-sighted viewers, the label audio description and high contrast configurations help to make the controls easier to decipher.
To download a Grid Set, visit the sensory software website
How do I set up Grid 2?
- Purchase and download The Grid 2 from Thinksmart
- Purchase an IR blaster suitable for your YouView box. These are available from online retailers.
- Detect IR blaster for The Grid 2
Then you need to configure your infrared transmitter to work with The Grid 2:
- Select File > Preferences
- Select the Environment Control tab, then select the tab relevant to your infrared transmitter (GEWA or TIRA)
- Choose the COM port from the list if you know this information, otherwise select Auto Detect, which will find the hardware for you
- If you need further assistance setting up your infrared transmitter on your PC, please consult the hardware manufacturer website.
- Download a Grid Set from the sensory software website