We’d like to give you something entertaining to watch, but there are no channels tuned at the moment. Don’t worry, try these steps and we’ll help you tune your channels:
- Hidden channels
Have you hidden the channel? If so, try un-hiding it: Standard Remote
- Press the GUIDE button
- Once the guide is open, press the Yellow button
- Enter your Sony PIN
- If you have hidden any channels, an option to ‘Restore all channels’ will be offered to you. Press the Red button to restore all your channels
- Press the HOME button
- Select Program Guide from the Apps row and select Guide
- Press the Action Menu and select the Yellow button
- Enter your Sony PIN
- If you have hidden any channels, an option to ‘Restore all channels’ will be offered to you. Press the Action Menu and select the Red button
- Channel check
- Check your cables
Head around the back of your TV and check the aerial cable is securely connected.
Don’t forget to check the other end of the aerial cable is also connected to the aerial socket in your home.
Using an indoor aerial? Some of these are powered aerials, check the plug is connected and the aerial is powered on.
- Retune your channels
A simple retune may do the trick:
- Press the HOME button on your remote
- Scroll down to Settings
- Select Channel Setup
- Select Digital Setup
- Select Digital Tuning
- Select Digital Auto Tuning
Give it a couple of minutes to retune and check to see if your signal is back to normal. You can also manually tune your channels by choosing the Digital Manual Tuning
option in the Digital Tuning
- Restart your TV
The old “switch it on and off” routine. Overused but it can often help resolve the issue. Press and hold the
button on your remote for 8 seconds, then let go. You're TV will then begin to restart.
- Planned engineering works
Every so often maintenance works are carried out to keep your transmitter in top condition. This might weaken your signal or interrupt your service.
Check the Digital UK website
to see if your transmitter is affected.
Don’t know what transmitter you’re using? Pop your postcode into their coverage checker
to find out.
- Check for signal interference
Sometimes the issue is out of your control. You could be affected by outside signal interference, such as:
- Our blustery British weather or high pressure conditions
- Engineering works to your local transmitter
- 4G mobile transmitters
Have a read of our article: How to improve your signal
for more help.
- Further help
We didn’t expect you to end up here, but thanks for trying all the steps.
We’d suggest contacting the Freeview
advice line, they can help you further.