Clear the cache & data
Does your Android homescreen look like this?
- Navigate to your Android homescreen > Settings > Apps >
- From here you can force stop, disable, clear data or clear cache
- Please note - choosing clear data may result in needing to re-accepting the terms & conditions when launching Live TV & Catchup
- Press Home
- Scroll down to Settings
- In the TV section scroll right to Apps
- Go to System Apps
- Hold the right button to scroll all the way to the end and Select YVServiceHost APK
- Select Clear Cache and press OK
- Then Select Clear Data and press OK
Check your cables
Depending on your setup, you may be using one of these methods of connection. Follow the instructions according to your setup:
Direct Ethernet cable
Check the cable hasn’t been damaged and is firmly connected to the back of your YouView box and to the back of your router.
Check both adaptors are plugged in and powered on. Make sure the Ethernet cables are connected firmly to the adapters, your router and your YouView box and all 3 lights on both adapters are on.
We recommend connecting your powerline adapters directly to a wall socket instead of an extension lead for the best results.
Depending on your Sony TV model, you may need an aerial in order to receive the full selection of apps available. If you are missing some apps, try plugging the aerial in, retune the TV and try again.
Restart your router
The simple old trick of restarting your router can help resolve this issue. Switch it off at the plug for 30 seconds and turn it back on. Give it a minute or two to warm up then check if you’re reconnected.
Please don't leave this page while your router is restarting as you won't have any internet access.
Using Powerline Adapters?
Make sure you switch both adapters off for 30 seconds and then turn them back on. Give them a minute to reset and all the lights will come back on.
Restart your TV
The old “switch it on and off” routine. Overused but it can often help resolve the issue. Press and hold the ⌽ Power button on your remote for 8 seconds, then let go. You're TV will then begin to restart.
Check your box is connected to the internet
Check your internet connection by going to:
- Press the Home button on your remote
- Settings can be found via the cog at the top of the Menu.
- Select Network & Internet