Find your pairing code
Find your pairing code First things first, you need to find your pairing code on your YouView box:
- Bring up the menu with your remote
- Select Settings*
- Go to the Connected devices and select Voice control
*Settings can be found via the cog in the top right corner of the Menu. You can get to the cog by pressing Up and right after opening the Menu.
Adding the YouView Alexa skill
The YouView Alexa Skill can be found on the Amazon Alexa store which is available through any device with a web browser and internet connection.
Select Enable to start the pairing process.
Pairing your Alexa device to the YouView box
- Enter the pairing code displayed in the Voice Control section of your settings on the YouView box.
- Select Pair
- It will then display whether the pairing has been successful within the YouView Skill page.
Once the code has been accepted in the form, your box will automatically update to show the device has been paired.
- Pairing code has expired The pairing code can expire if it's been open on your YouView box for more than 3 minutes. A new one should automatically generate so try the refreshed code instead
- Box or mobile device is not connected to the internet In order to pair your box to your Alexa device, both devices need an internet connection. If you lose internet connection while in the Voice Control or Mobile Devices settings, the page will automatically refresh and advise you to reconnect to the internet.
Disconnecting Amazon Alexa from your YouView box
There are two ways to unpair your Voice Device and box. From the box or from the YouView Alexa Skill:
- Disconnecting from the Box will ask you to also disconnect from the YouView Skill to complete unpairing from box ends.
- Disabling the YouView Alexa Skill will automatically unpair from both the skill and the box.